This week we will be working on listening to and following instructions.
What happens if you don’t follow instructions when you are playing a game?
What will happen if you don’t follow the instructions in order when you are making something?
Read these instructions carefully and follow them.
*click on the links below for a printable copy and the answers.
Did you get it right?
If you didn’t follow the instructions do you think you would’ve got it right?
Follow this recipe to make delicious cupcakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
4. Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
7. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
A naughty wizard took my cupcake recipe! The wizard jumbled up the method and now I don’t know how to make delicious cupcakes.
Help me put the recipe back into the right order!
Write out the recipe in the correct order onto a piece of paper.
Don't forget to use bullet points, capital letters at the start of your sentence, finger spaces and full stops. Start a new line for each new instruction.
Why do you think it’s important to have the method in the right order?
What would happen if I didn’t follow the instructions in the right order?
Here is a recipe for chocolate crispy cakes.
Use the chocolate crispy recipe to help you fill out the instruction sheet below.
*click on the link below for a printable version.
This week I would like you to practice the ‘ar’ join.
Copy the writing out onto lined paper.
Words of the week
Practice reading and spelling the word. Copy the word and spell it out loud 4 times.
Can you spell the word without looking at it? Cover the words and test yourself.
Write a sentence using each of the new words. Post your sentences on the blog so that I can see them.