Now, make your own patterns using 2D shapes that you know and describe the patterns using mathematical terms such as size, pattern, shape, square and circle.
Draw the shapes then cut them out.
Use the number line to help you
1) 18 people get on a bus. 9 more people get on. How many people are on the bus altogether?
2) 18 people get on the bus. 9 more get on. 12 people get off. How many people are on the bus altogether?
Look at number 3 below then answer question number 4.
1) ________ + 35 = 46 2) 46 - __________ = 35
3) 300 + 101 =
1) Write three pounds and fifteen pence in numbers.
2) What is one quarter of 16?
3) What is two quarters of 16?
Look at the patterns carefully and answer the questions.